Kigo has 2 types of connections with Booking.com:
1. Rates and Availability - if you already have an account in Booking.com with properties created. Kigo feeds the following information once the mapping is done:
- All the property content (description, photos, amenities) has to be set up and changed manually on Booking.com
- Taxes, fees and cancellation policies must be created in Booking.com. The cancellation policy in Kigo (payment plan) has to match with the payment conditions set at Booking.com (Kigo will not overwrite them)
- If your properties on Booking.com do not have taxes and fees, you can create them in Kigo (choosing the send option in the listing collection) however they will be included in the total price. Instead, we recommend creating them in Booking.com and choosing the option don’t send.
2. Content API - to create properties in Booking.com directly from Kigo.
In order to be able to synchronize your Kigo Properties to Booking.com via content API please provide us with your Legal Entity ID.
Before creating a property, I recommend you to review the following points:
- Booking.com creates a description for the property based on the info provided by Kigo. The following amenity is mandatory to create a property at Booking.com: Kitchen
- The address of the property must be complete: The address must be verified and there must be a valid Postal Code
- Unit size is mandatory to create a property in Booking.com
- When creating a property in Booking.com through the Content API, Kigo will determine the cancellation policy established on Booking.com as per your payment plan in KigoPro
- Kigo will always create your fees automatically on Booking.com. The selection of one or the other option (send / don't send) depends on how you want the fees to appear on Booking.com (by choosing the send option they will be included in the total price, choosing the option don’t send the Guest will see them broken down)
From the Booking.com extranet, you won't be able to see the type of connection you have for each property instead you will have to check in your Booking.com collection in KigoPro (clear existing mapping means that the property already exists on Booking.com and you have done the mapping, property fully synced means that you have created the property directly from Kigo).