The Vrbo Custom Cancellation policies are now available for connections through our Kigo Channel Manager and they allow you to set a cancellation policy tailored to your business instead of a pre-defined policy structure.
How does it work
The Vrbo Cancellation Policy is now based on the settings of the Kigo Payment Plan applied to each property.
- CANCELLATION POLICY: determines if the policy is refundable or non-refundable.
- Refundable: set a full refund until 1 day before the Check-In, independently of the advance payment or remainder due.
- Non-Refundable: set the advance payment ("Collect at time of booking") as non-refundable until the remainder is due.
- COLLECT AT TIME OF BOOKING: defines the amount that you will keep in case of a cancellation before the remainder due date.
- REMAINDER DUE PRIOR TO CHECK-IN: defines the day up until which the advance payment will be lost. When it is set to 0 days, it will be shown in Vrbo as 1 day prior to arrival.
See below how the Cancellation Policy is shown in Vrbo following the above example of a Kigo Non-Refundable payment plan with a 30% collect at time of booking & Remainder due prior to check-in 14 days: