Location: Websites – (Web site name) – Edit
Required Setup: In order to view this page, you must be assigned the role of General Manager, Marketing Manager, or a custom role that includes the Solution permission.
Scope: This feature is available for Kigo Plan 2 and above.
About WordPress Tools
Kigo Websites makes use of the tools and features already available as part of WordPress. These include:
- Dashboard: Access your site management features and a list of your web sites. Dashboard includes the Home and My Sites tools.
- Posts: Access your posts. Posts includes the All Posts, Add New, Categories, and Tags tools.
- Media: Access media items such as images. Media includes the Library and Add New tools.
- Pages: Access your web site pages. Pages includes the Pages and Add New tools.
- Comments: Access comments submitted by your web site's visitors. Comments includes the Comments tool.
- Items: Only available for the Kigo discovery theme. Create new items and group them into item types to use on your web page. Items includes the All Items, Add New Item, and Item Types tools.
- Team: Only available for the Kigo discovery theme. Create team members and add them to your web site. Team includes the All Team Members and Add New Team Members tools.
- Appearance: Customize the appearance of your web site. Appearance includes the Themes, Customize theme, Widgets, Menus, Background, and Theme options tools. Note that if you have the Kigo discovery theme selected, the Background and Theme options tools are not available in this section.
- Users: Access your profile and your users, as well as add new users. Users includes the All Users, Add New, and Your Profile tools.
- Tools: Add tools to your web site, as well as import, export, and add redirections. Tools includes the Available Tools, Import, Export, Delete site, and Redirections tools.
- Settings: Access settings that affect the display of your web site's content, as well as access several plug-ins. Settings includes the General, Writing, Reading, and Discussion tools. The plug-ins Google Analytics, Google Language Translator, and Social Sharing Toolkit tools are also available here.
The first image below shows the standard WordPress tools available. The second image shows the WordPress tools available if you have the Kigo discovery theme selected.
WordPress provides its own help for these tools, which you can access by clicking Help in the top-right corner of the page. Kigo-specific help with some of the WordPress tools is available for:
Customizing Web Site Appearance
- Click the Pages section and update the web page content as necessary. The pages shown include all of the pages in your web site. These pages are created using the Data sync setup tool.
- Click the Appearance section in the Navigation menu.
- Click the Widgets category and add, arrange, and/or move the widgets on the web pages. The widgets on this page are the only ones that you can access.
- Click the Menus category and arrange the menu structure for the web site.
- Set up your header. The header contains common information such as the logo, weather, office information, currency conversion, and multiple language flags.
- Click the Theme options category and customize the menu styles, featured property styles, logo size and positioning, and the favicons.
- Click the Widgets category and add widgets to the Kigo header left and Kigo header right sections.
- Upload your logo from the Solution setup page in Kigo.
- Set up your office phone number from the Solution setup page in Kigo.
- Set up your currency from the Miscellaneous setup page in Kigo.
Additional Information/Related Topics
Kigo Websites Getting Started
Kigo WordPress Plug-In
Third Party WordPress Plug-Ins