Location: Websites – (Web site name) – Edit – Pages – All Pages
Required Setup: In order to view this page:
- You must be assigned the role of General Manager, Marketing Manager, or a custom role that includes the Solution permission.
- The Kigo discovery theme must be selected in Appearance – Themes.
Scope: This feature is available for Kigo Plan 2 and above.
About Virtual Sidebars
Virtual sidebars are user-defined page-specific widget areas that let you create custom layouts within a custom page. They are only available if you have the Kigo Discovery theme selected. You can create virtual sidebars using the Virtual sidebars template available on the Pages page. Once created, the virtual sidebars are available to you from the Widgets page.
You can find information for most fields in the Pages Add New Screen article of the WordPress codex. Below you can find additional field definitions specific to virtual sidebars.
- + Sidebar: Create a new sidebar.
- Name: Enter a name for the sidebar.
- Desktop width: Select the width for the sidebar columns on a desktop computer. This defaults to 100%, which is equal to twelve columns. If a sidebar doesn't fit in a row, it appears under the row.
- Mobile width: Select the width for the sidebar columns on a mobile device. This defaults to 100%, which is equal to twelve columns. If a sidebar doesn't fit in a row, it appears under the row.
- - Sidebar: Delete the sidebar.
Creating Virtual Sidebars
- Open the page from the Pages page, or open the Add new page page.
- In the Page attributes section, click the drop-down arrow in the Template field and select Virtual sidebars.
- Enter a title into the (Title) field, and click the Save draft button. The Virtual sidebar section appears below the (Page editing area) section.
- Click the + Sidebar link. A new Virtual sidebar section appears.
- Enter a name for the virtual sidebar in the Name field.
- Optionally, select the width of desktop version columns in the Desktop width field.
- Optionally, select the width of the mobile version columns in the Mobile width field.
- Click the Save draft button.
- If you are ready to publish, click the Publish button.
Verifying Virtual Sidebars
- Open the Widgets page.
- Click the Sidebars tab. If you created the virtual sidebar correctly, the virtual sidebar appears with the default sidebars. You may add widgets to the virtual sidebar the same as you would for any other sidebar.
Additional Information/Related Topics
Widgets (Kigo Discovery)