Universal Search Term: To quickly locate this page, search for New Owner Booking.
Location: Booking Agent – All Bookings – New Owner Booking
App – Bookings – All Bookings – (Select Existing Owner Booking)
(Under the search field) New – New Owner Booking
Required Setup: In order to view this page, you must be assigned one of the following roles: Booking Agent, Booking Manager, Bookkeeper, Front Desk, General Manager, or a custom role that includes the permissions for any of these roles.
Scope: This feature is available in all versions of Kigo.
About the Owner Booking Page
From here, you can create a new owner booking, or make changes to an existing owner booking. An owner booking is similar to a normal booking, and many of the fields are the same. The only difference is that an owner booking is a non-revenue booking, since an owner is not expected to pay to stay at his or her own property. This page should only be used to create bookings for an owner. Owners can also make owner bookings for their property directly using the owner extranet.
Some common actions that can be performed here include:
- Creating a New Owner Booking
- Modifying an Existing Owner Booking
- Sending the Guest an E-mail Message
- Checking In an Owner Booking
- Canceling a Booking
- Printing a Statement
- Viewing the Guest's Ledger
- Creating Cleaning and Maintenance Tasks
Depending on the task that you are performing, you may see a message display above the booking. There are two types of messages:
- Information: These messages have a green background, and provide additional information about the task that you are performing. For example, you may receive a reminder to save your changes.
- Issue: These messages have a red background, and describe an issue with the booking. You will not be able to save the booking until the issue described here is resolved. For example, if a property requires a minimum length of stay, you will not be able to save the reservation until the LOS meets the requirement, or you have selected the Override? check box.
This unlabeled section is displayed at the top of the page, and provides a list of identifying information for the booking.
- [NEW]: This indicates that you are viewing a new booking that you have not saved. If this field is on the page, no other fields appear in this section.
- Booking ID: This shows the identification number for the booking.
- Property Name: This shows the name of the property where the guest made the booking.
- Stay Date: This shows the dates the guest booked for his or her stay at the property.
This section is displayed on the left side of the New/Edit Contact page, and provides quick access to previous information associated with this contact.
- Last Booking: This shows the last time that reservation booking information was modified for this contact. If no booking information was located for this contact, then N/A displays instead. To view all booking information for this contact, click the Show All button.
- Last E-mail: This shows the last time that an e-mail message was sent to this contact. If no previously sent e-mail messages were located for this contact, then N/A displays instead. To view all e-mail messages sent to this contact, click the Show All button.
- Last Event: This shows the last event associated with this contact. An event is an action that was recorded in Kigo, such as taking a phone call, or recording a follow-up. If no previous events were recorded for this contact, then N/A displays instead. To view all events recorded for this contact, click the Show All button.
This section includes basic information about the guest. If you want to add additional information about the guest, click the More button to open the Contact page, where you can enter additional information, such as multiple phone numbers, the guest's address, and lead source.
- First Name: This is the first name of the guest. This field is required.
- Last Name: This is the last name of the guest. This field is required.
- E-mail: This is the e-mail address of the guest. This field is required.
- Phone: This is the phone number of the guest. This field is required.
- Lead Source: Select how the guest heard about the property from this drop-down list. This field is required.
This section contains the billing address for the guest.
- Address: This is the street address.
- Additional Address: If the street address requires multiple lines, enter the second line of information here.
- City: This is the city name.
- State/Province: This is the state or province name.
- Postal Code: This is the postal code for the address.
- Country: This is the country where the address is located.
This section displays specific property and unit associated with the booking.
- Property: This is the property associated with the booking.
- Unit: If the property has multiple units, this is the unit associated with booking.
This section includes basic stay information for the booking. If you want to make changes to this section, click the Change Dates button. When finished making changes, click the Update button to recalculate the Statement Information section.
- Check-in: This is the date that the guest is arriving.
- Check-out: This is the date that the guest is departing.
- # Nights: This is the number of nights that the guest will be staying.
- # Adults: This is the number of adults that will be staying.
- # Children: This is the number of children that will be staying.
- Override?: If this check box displays, you must select it in order to make the booking, or you must update the stay information to conform to the minimum stay, or other requirements. Check the status bar for more information.
If the guest has any special requests, they are displayed here.
Any additional notes related to the booking are displayed here.
Creating a New Owner Booking
- Click New Owner Booking. The Owner Booking page opens.
- In the Guest Information section, enter the owner's personal information.
If the guest has stayed with you previously, you can enter one or two fields, such as Last Name or E-mail, and then click Search for Guest. Using this function will complete the Guest Information and Billing Address sections based on previous stay information. This allows you to confirm the information, instead of requiring the guest to provide it again, streamlining the booking process.
Complete the following fields:
- At the First Name field, enter the first name of the owner. This field is required.
- At the Last Name field, enter the last name of the owner. This field is required.
- At the E-mail field, enter the e-mail address for the owner.
- At the Phone field, enter a contact phone number for the owner.
- At the Lead Source field, choose an appropriate lead source.
- In the Billing Address section, enter the billing address. Complete the following fields:
- At the Address field, enter the street address.
- At the Additional Address field, enter any secondary address information, such as a suite number.
- At the City field, enter the city name.
- At the State/Province field, enter the state or province of the address.
- At the Postal Code field, enter the postal code of the address.
- At the Country field, choose the appropriate country from the drop-down list. This field is required.
- At the Property Information section, click the Search for Availability button. The Search Availability page opens.
- Use the fields at the top of the page to choose the appropriate Check-In date, Check-Out date, the number of adults, and the number of children for the booking.
- Up to five properties display per page. If you want to filter the list of properties displayed, use the filters in the Criteria section, and then click Search.
- Select the property that you want to choose for the booking. You are returned to the booking page.
- If the property has several separate units, select the unit from the Unit drop-down list.
- If you want to make changes to the Stay Information section, click the Change Dates button, and then complete the following:
- At the Check-in fields, enter the arrival date and time. The # Nights field is updated automatically.
- At the Check-out fields, enter the departure date and time. The # Nights field is updated automatically.
- At the # Nights field, use the arrow buttons to change the number of nights that the guest will be staying. When you change this value, the Check-out date field is updated automatically.
- Enter the number of adults in the # Adults field.
- If applicable, enter the number of children in the # Children field.
- When finished, click the Update button to save your changes, and update the Statement section.
- If the owner has any special requests, enter the requests in the Special Requests section.
- If you want to include any additional information about this booking, enter the information in the Internal Notes section.
- To save your changes and return to the All Bookings page, click Save & Close. To discard your changes instead, click Cancel.
Modifying an Existing Owner Booking
- From the All Bookings page, use the search filters to locate the booking that you want to work with.
- Click the entry in the Booking List, and the House Booking page opens.
- Make any necessary changes.
- Click Save or Save & Close to save your changes. To discard your changes, click Cancel.
Sending the Guest an E-mail Message
You can easily send e-mail messages to guests. These messages are based on customizable templates, and include all of the guest's relevant details.
- With the booking open, click E-mail, and then choose the message that you want to send to the guest. Options include:
- E-mail Statement: This message includes booking details, payment information, and the guest's statement.
- E-mail Payment Reminder: This message includes payment and reservation details, along with a link to pay the balance online (where configured.)
- E-mail Pre-Stay Letter: This message includes booking details, payment information, and the guest's statement.
- E-mail Post-Stay Letter: This message includes a link to submit a review, and booking details.
- E-mail Other: This message includes booking details, payment information, and the guest's statement.
- At the top of the message, you can customize the currency and language used.
- Click Send.
- Close the E-mail page.
Checking In an Owner Booking
- Before checking in a guest, ensure that balances have been collected in accordance with your company's operating procedure.
- With the booking open, click Change Status, and then select Check-In.
- Click Save or Save & Close to save your changes.
Canceling a Booking
- With the booking open, click Change Status, and then select Advanced. The Advanced page displays.
- Select the drop-down arrow in the Status field and select the "Canceled" item.
- Click OK to close the Advanced page and return to the booking.
- Click Save or Save & Close to save your changes.
Printing a Statement
- With the booking open, click Account, and then choose Print Statement. The guest's statement displays.
- Click Print. The print dialog box displays. Make any necessary changes, and then click Print or OK to print the statement.
Viewing the Guest Ledger
- With the booking open, click Account, and then choose Show Ledger. The guest's ledger displays in a new tab.
- When finished, close the tab to return to the booking.
Creating Cleaning and Maintenance Tasks
- With the booking open, click Workflow, and then choose either Create Cleaning Task or Create Maintenance Task.
- You may receive a confirmation message stating that unsaved changes to the booking will be lost. Click OK to continue, or click Cancel to return to the booking to save your changes before continuing.
- Complete the Details section. This section includes the following fields:
- Unit: This is the property and unit that you want to assign the task to. You should not need to modify this field.
- Headline: This is the generated title for the task, and includes the type of task, booking identification number, and the date range of the booking.
- Vendor: Select the vendor that you want to assign to the cleaning or maintenance task.
- Due On: This is the date and time that the task is due to be completed.
- Priority: This is the priority of the task. Possible options include:
- When Possible
- Started On: If you know when the task was started, enter the date and time here. Otherwise, leave this blank for now.
- Completed On: If you know when the task was completed, enter the date and time here. Otherwise, leave this blank for now.
- Complete the Options section by selecting the Add Owner Bill? check box if you want to create an invoice associated with this task in order to pass the cost of the cleaning or maintenance task to the owner.
- Complete the Billing section. This section only displays if you have selected the Add Owner Bill? check box in the Options section. This section includes the following fields:
- Bill Amount: Enter the amount that the vendor charged for the task.
- Bill To: Select the appropriate owner from the drop-down list.
- Notes: Enter general notes about the task or repair.
- Fee Account: Select the fee account to apply the payment to.
- Complete the Notes section. This section includes the following fields:
- Public Notes: These notes are available to the owner.
- Private Notes: These notes are only available to internal Kigo staff members.
Additional Information/Related Topics