Universal Search Term: To locate this page quickly, search for Invoice Detail.
Location: App – Accounting – Invoice Detail
App - Accounting - Invoices Due - (Click invoice)
Required Setup: To view this page, you must have a role on the Billing team.
Scope: This function is available in all versions of Kigo.
About the Invoice Page
The Invoice page lets you manage existing invoices and create new invoices. For example, you may need to update invoices to change their date, or you may need to manually create a new invoice for a specific service. This page has several sections:
- General: This section contains basic information about the invoice such as the customer name and the statement date.
- Details: This section lists the line items, which indicate the charges applied to this invoice. If you are creating a new invoice, this section is blank until you add the line items.
- Notes: This section provides a place where you may enter any notes you need for future reference.
- Advanced: This section lets you indicate if the customer has already paid the invoice. It appears only if you are creating a new invoice. This section is not currently used.
Some common actions that you can perform here include:
- Creating new invoices
- Modifying existing invoices
- Printing statements
- E-mailing statements
- Voiding invoices
- Reference: This is a description of the invoice. The description should include the product name, the current date, and the invoice reference number.
- Customer: This is the person who receives the invoice.
- Statement date: This is the date the invoice was created. For new invoices, today's date appears in the field by default. If you want to change the date, chose the appropriate date from the calendar.
- Due on: This is the date that the invoice payment is due to be paid. If you want to change or add the date, chose the appropriate date from the calendar. If the invoice should be paid as part of the current month's statement, then make sure the date is no later than the last day of the month.
- Currency: This is the currency used to calculate the invoice. For new manually entered invoices, you can only use the United States Dollar (USD) currency. For system-billed invoices, the system automatically changes the currency to the one set up on the account.
- Status: This indicates whether the invoice is active or voided.
- Taxed: This indicates if taxes are calculated for this item.
- Type: This is the fee type for the line item. For example, a deposit or a cleaning fee.
- Qty: This is the quantity purchased.
- Description: This is a description of the line item. For example, "Booking Fee."
- Rate: This is the amount to be charged per item purchased. For example, the amount of rent per night. If this is a discount, it has a negative value.
- Amount: This is the total amount charged for the line item. It is calculated as Quantity x Rate.
- Total: This is the total amount charged on the invoice. It is the sum of the amounts for each line item.
- Amount paid: This is the amount that the customer has previously paid.
- Total due: This is the total amount that the customer owes.
- Amount due now: This is the total amount that the customer must pay upon receipt of the invoice.
- Send invoice: Sends an e-mail message with an invoice statement.
- Print statement: Prints an invoice statement.
- Receive payment / Receive Pmt: Opens the Receive payment box, where you can record payment information.
- Edit booking: Opens the Booking detail page, where you can make changes to the booking.
- Void: Voids the invoice.
- Add line item: Adds a line item to the invoice.
- Delete: Removes a line item from the invoice.
- Save: Saves the invoice without closing the page.
- Cancel: Cancels the invoice and opens the Invoices due page.
Creating New Invoices
- Enter a description of the invoice in the Reference field. The description should include the product name, the current date, and the invoice reference number.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Customer field and select the person who should receive the invoice.
- Enter the appropriate date in the Statement date field.
- Enter the appropriate date in the Due on field.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Status field and select the invoice status.
- Click Add line item and add new line items. See "Adding Line Items" below for more detail.
- Enter any additional information about the invoice in the Notes section.
- Click Save.
Modifying Existing Invoices
- From the Invoices due page, use the search filters to locate the invoice you want to work with.
- Click the invoice to open the Invoice page.
- Make any necessary changes.
- Click Save.
Adding Line Items
- In the Details section, click Add line item. The Line items box appears.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Type field and select a fee type for the line item.
- Select the Taxed option if the taxes need to be calculated for this item.
- Enter a description of the line item in the Description field.
- Enter the number of charges in the Quantity field.
- Enter the amount to be charged per item purchased in the Rate field.
- If applicable, click the drop-down arrow in the Name field and select an accounting category. You can only select the name for some of the fee types.
- If applicable, select a Commission Statement option to indicate who should receive the funds for the line items. You may only select one option. The Commission statements section only appears for some of the fee types.
- Click Save. The line item appears in the Details section and is included in the totals.
Deleting Line Items
- In the Details section, select the check boxes for the line items you want to delete.
- Click Delete. A box opens to confirm you want to delete the line item(s).
- Click OK to remove the line item(s).
- Click Send invoice. The Send e-mail box opens.
- Click the From link to view the From and BCC fields.
- Verify the e-mail addresses in the To, From, and BCC fields, and update them if necessary.
- Update the message in the Subject field if necessary.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Currency field and select the type of currency.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Language field and select a language. The invoice changes to the selected language.
- If you want to change the invoice formatting, click the arrow at the top-left of the invoice and use the available options to make your changes.
- Click Send. A box opens indicating your message has been sent.
- Click OK to close the Send e-mail box.
- Click Print statement. The invoice opens in a new box.
- Click Print. The Print box opens.
- Select the print options and click OK.
If an invoice was created in error or for an incorrect amount, you can void the invoice as long as it is still the same day the invoice was created.
- Click Void. A box opens verifying you want to void the invoice.
- Click OK.
Additional Information/Related Topics
New/Edit House Bookings