Location: Websites – (Web site name) – Edit – Appearance – Sidebars
Required Setup: In order to view this page:
- You must be assigned the role of General Manager, Marketing Manager, or a custom role that includes the Solution permission.
- The Kigo discovery theme must be selected in Appearance – Themes.
Scope: This feature is available for Kigo Plan 2 and above.
About the Custom Sidebars Page
The Custom sidebars page lets you create page sidebars to be used by one or more pages. The widgets in page sidebars display at 100%, similar to the Home and About us pages. The Custom sidebars page is only available if you have the Kigo Discovery theme selected.
- Sidebar name: Enter the name of the sidebar you want to create.
- (Sidebar): This is the name of a created sidebar.
Creating Page Sidebars
- Enter the name of the sidebar into the Sidebar name field.
- Click the Add button. The new page sidebar appears in the Current sidebars section.
- Click the Save button. The page sidebar is saved, and is added to the Widgets page under the Page tab.
Renaming Page Sidebars
- Enter the new name of the sidebar in the (Sidebar) field.
- Click the Save button.
Deleting Page Sidebars
In the Current sidebars section, click the Delete button next to the sidebar you want to delete. The sidebar is removed from the list of current sidebars, as well as from the Widgets page.
Adding Widgets to Page Sidebars
- Open the Widgets page and select the Page tab.
- Add widgets to the new page sidebar following standard practices. See Widgets (Kigo Discovery) for more information.
Adding Page Sidebars to Pages
If you want to add a page sidebar to a specific page:
- Open the Add new page or the Edit page page in Kigo Websites Editor.
- In the Page Attributes section, click the drop-down arrow in the Template field and select Custom.
- Click the Update button or the Save draft button, depending on the current page.
- In the Select a sidebar section, click the drop-down arrow in the Select a sidebar field and select the page sidebar you want.
- Click the Update button or the Save draft button, depending on the current page. The page sidebar is added to the page, and you can use it the same as you would for any other sidebar.
Additional Information/Related Options
Widgets (Kigo Discovery Theme)